Today’s fast-paced life has many challenges, including raising children, caring for aging or ill parents, fostering positive personal relationships, juggling work demands, and managing valuable time. As a result, our society is experiencing high rates of mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety, and chronic stress.
Doctors, nurses, therapists, and other healthcare providers and workforce members are not exempt from these life challenges, and developing the skills to deal successfully with these demands can create a resilient, healthier adult.
That’s why Southeast Healthcare has implemented the MINDBODYSTRONG program, which is a cognitive behavioral skills-building (CBSB) program that provides a theory-based approach to improve mental health, healthy lifestyle beliefs and behaviors, and job satisfaction in clinicians.
This seven-week evidence-based program consists of 35 – 45-minute sessions led by a trained facilitator, with the goal of building resiliency and coping skills to improve overall health and well-being.
Proven program benefits include:
- Reduced stress
- Improved mental resiliency
- Improved healthy lifestyle behaviors
- Enhanced emotional regulation
- Preventative cognitive-behavioral/coping techniques to enhance resiliency and mental well-being
- Development of protective factors that improve overall health and well-being
- Enhanced self-esteem
- Tailored methods to reach those impacted by stress, anxiety, and/or depression who need to quickly put cognitive-behavioral and resiliency skills into practice
Southeast Healthcare is committed to providing and maintaining a workplace environment that fosters a workforce that is healthier, more engaged, and more successful. We feel strongly about providing our employees with the resources they need for resiliency and to thrive.